Also referred to as DWELLING Insurance, insurance on your Primary home mainly protects against losses incurred either in your primary residence or in public. There is a suite of coverages that are provided in most Home insurance policies:

Dwelling - the cost of returning your home to the condition BEFORE a covered loss.

Other Structures - .Structures attached to your dwelling by a fence or utility line or separated from the dwelling by a clear and defined space.

Personal Property – All ”non-structural” things in your home …from furniture to clothing, appliances to paintings.

Loss of Use/Additional Living Expense - Covers additional living expenses when incurred. This means that the policy covers the necessary living expenses up to the stated limit, incurred by the insured to continue, as nearly as possible, the normal standard of living when the house cannot be occupied due to a covered loss.

Liability - Covers personal liability. This coverage protects you against claims arising from accidents to others on property that you own or rent. With a few exceptions, such as auto or boating accidents, it is an all purpose liability policy that follows you wherever you go.

Medical Expense - Covers medical expenses. Coverage is limited to an amount per person and per accident for injuries occurring on your premises to persons other than an insured, or elsewhere, if caused by you, a member of your family, or your pets. An important feature of this coverage is that payment is made regardless of legal liability.

There are SEVERAL additional coverages one should consider when insuring their home and they apply to a dwelling on a case--basis.I WILL LIST THESE ELSEWHERE. 

Send a Message

An email will be sent to the owner